Community Outreach Specialist
Diversity Insurance is looking to hire a highly motivated individual into our expanding Community Relationship team. Diversity Insurance is an agency that specializes in health insurance, with a primary focus on the Medicare market. Building and maintaining our relationships with the organizations that we work with is integral to the continued growth of our agency’s footprint in the markets that we serve. We work with many different types of organizations, including senior living facilities, senior centers, religious organizations, grocery stores, and non-profit organizations throughout the state of Michigan.
The Community Outreach Specialist (COS) will report to the Community Relationship Director. They will be responsible for exploring the markets in the state of Michigan and using creative thinking to create relationships that will allow our agents to interact with Medicare beneficiaries. High levels of flexibility, creativity, the ability to work well with all types of personalities, and problem-solving skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Work in the community to help build and foster relationships with organizations that cater to the Medicare population.
- Organize and develop successful marketing enrollment events.
- Work closely with our sales agents to help them target the areas of the market they are working in and educate them on the existing opportunities available.
- Assist our sales agents with different events, including (but not limited to) educational seminars, in-person presentations, and community resource events.
- Identify target organizations based on the populations we serve.
- Implement a process to review all event locations and determine where the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities are.
- Participate in strategy meetings to provide insight into the activities occurring in the sales field.
- Maintain and manage a master list of all agent events.
- Provide sales materials and promotional items to agents throughout the state.
- Ensure all events, activities, and communications are CMS-compliant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Health Insurance License (not required, but strongly preferred).
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in sales and/or marketing.
- A passion for helping others, and empathy for those in need.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work individually or as a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to travel.
To apply, contact us.